Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just breathe

I've been down lately about the fact that Kirk and I have worked so hard these last years to get onto a better financial footing, and have succeeded - on paper. Yet here we are, paying out this humongous tuition for our special-needs daughter, and once again living close to the bone. It's tiring to have to think over every little purchase - to decide I can't replace my old bra this month because we have to buy the kids back-to-school supplies.

So in my yoga class today, the teacher was having us focus on our breathing. She said, "When your mind wanders away from your breath, just pull your mind back. It's good practice for starting over, which we have to do constantly in life." Ain't that the truth.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

over and over and over.....