Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thank you


The responses to my last post were so honest and searing. I've always been the one in my family who opened her big mouth and said out loud what everyone else was silently thinking. And yet I've never really talked with most of my family about this event that shattered some, and changed everything. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, your family's experiences, with suicide. It makes me realize that I need to do more talking, to my own family and try to measure how deep and how wide this thing is. And maybe even write a book about it. (Because, really, I need another creative project to add to the crew I'm already juggling.)

And I just want to add how amazing it is to have you all out there, reading the messages I send out in this cyber bottle, sending back yours. On this difficult subject, as with so many others, it makes me feel less alone.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

wonderful thing the blogger family...and we're always here, and dont expect anything in return..

jason said...

You should!

And thank God for the ones with the big mouths who say what the rest of us want to.
Seriously!

Pyzahn said...

Yes, isn't the blogosphere a remarkable place to make friends, share truths and just be yourself. I'm constantly and pleasantly surprised.

sageweb said...

I love the blogging world just for things like this.

Kathleen said...

Wow! I haven't been able to get online for the last couple days, so it was amazing to read your post. Good for you for speaking up. And I love your message in a cyber bottle image.

jason said...

ps...you've been tagged
sorry